Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CAMPING WITH FRIENDS

We had a wonderful time, there was 4 campers of us folks. We set around the fire and watched movies about the end-time. Scary but true. It is going to be awful for those left behind. We also watched Left behind series. I have some of the books. We also watched Code 2 which is so real and the things that is happening today. These people had to real and study the Bible to know these things was going to happen.

We was up there Sunday afternoon and it was a beautiful day, a relaxing evening for us. Nothing special. We did not set up a lot of stuff because we knew it would be just the two of us. George and Margie came on Monday , Sharon and Homer, Carl Gene and Diane came on wednesday.
By the weekend it was so windy and some bad hair days for all of us. Sharon and Homer had all their kids and grand kids up, we had Kiefer, Had a fish fry and I made home made ice cream with Peach cobbler. In other words we feasted. The weather was so nice
Friday night was a rough one, storms everywhere, we received calls for Sheridan up until about 1:30. It missed us, we was praying all of us in campers.
Saturday night was the same thing, the wind blew so hard but the storm was on both sides of us and our camp was in the middle. Hardly any wind at all.
Maranda was worried and no service to call her and did not leave the camper. She sent text and said. Mamaw have you been watching the news and where r u. I felt so sorry for her. I call the next morning.
Had to take Kiefer back to meet Tony in Pine Bluff sunday aat 1:30 Just made it, he wanted to fish as long as he could. He learned to snag fish with a 14 foot pole. Had a great time. Did not want to go home. That is a wonderful place to take kids they are assured they will catch something and he caught a lot, cat fish, carp which are not edible but fun to catch. Serval cat fish and a gar. Lots of skip jacks which are small but fun to catch.
GOD BLESS ALL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time, all but the movies. When I am out I do not even want a radio on. I want to hear nature. It lulls me to total peace and tranquility. I am usually so hyper, this slows me down. Well I guess I am slowed down now for a while anyway but I look forward to going to Lassen this year. It is still buried in 20-40 feet of snow. Could not get into Manzanita Lake if we tried. The roads are blocked.
So glad you got away and really enjoyed yourself,
How is Coy? How are your feet and legs? Get those feet fixed. That can drag you down. That pain. I dont know how you do it. Makes me hurt to think of it. I have one toe that seems to go numb and it is very painful at times, I just have to watch how I wear my shoes and how long I wear them.