Tuesday, October 19, 2010

SICK, SICK , SICK

I have been so sick since our return home. I had fever when we left California but I thought it was just stress. I got really sick the day of my Sister funeral. Fever at night, begin taking my antiobiotic but it did not work this time.
We took my sister Sue and David to Oklahoma on tuesday and I was getting sicker and sicker. We only stayed 1 night and planned to stay 2 or 3, but I needed to get home.
We went through Eureka Springs to visit our dear friend Vi. We had a wonderful visit talking about the past when we lived next door. Our church and all the people we was aquainted with. She kept asking about David and Sue and where they lived and would describe the exact place.
She sure missed all her friends but is ready to go and be with her Coy. She talkes about him a lot. It was so good to see her again. She is 91, probably not long left here on this old earth.

We was able to drive to Conway where we stayed for the night. Next morning we went to Coys ear doctor and then on to LR. I went by my urologist and they took a urine sample and made a culture. I was still taking the Cipro and had been since Saturday. Was not working. Drinking a lot of cranberry juice, buttermilk and eating yougurt. That is supose to be good for it. It didn't work either.
Monday they called the results, I have a bacterial infection that was resistent to Cipro, I needed a different kind of antiobiotic. They ordered me Doxycycline. I begin taking right away. Had fever and night sweats all night last night. Slept all day today. Do not feel well at all. I feel like my whole body is poisoned. It may be, going so long with a bladder infection.

Tomorrow I am going for my pre-testing for my knee surgery. I hope they pospone it but they told me yesterday it would not interfere with that. It is just I have so much I need to get done before and don't feel like doing anything. I have managed to get some of the clother put up. There is still a lot to do.
It is raining today but it has been so hot and dry we lost a lot of plants around the house.
It is going to turn cold one day so we bought some wood, Coy thinks he will be able to cut wood, I don't think so. He worked on the yard a little yesterday and every 10 minutes he was sitting in the house.
Have got to go and rest some more. GOD BLESS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better quickly!! When I was on meds for so long I wound up with such a totally messed up system I did a lot of research and went on odorless garlic. I don't know if you could handle that with your issues, but it might be something to consider.

Praying for you and sorry you couldn't visit longer.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, I too am so jealous of her sometime, NO More pain or sorrow. She always said, "May you Live at least one hour longer than me, I could not bear to see you go."
Now we have the sorrow and it is sometime debilatating.
I begin to think of her and weep, then a smile appears at teh corner of my mouth for something silly she did.
She was a CLOWN. (When she was well.)
God I miss her, I will never forget my baby sister.
I know I will see her again.