Friday, January 8, 2010

DEPRESSED BUT UPLIFTED

I was having a bad day and some friends invited us over to play dominoes, we almost didn't go but decided to. I thought it would make me feel better and it did we had a wonderful time. But we begin to talk about our children and the subject came up about Tony and Rochell. I begin to tell them things and got real upset and we ended up having a prayer meeting. One lady told me to stand on that scripture " He who is in you is greater than He who is in the world." I John 4:4Every time I begin to think about that situation I quote that scripture and I have been so much better this week.



I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends that are prayer warriors. That will stand beside you no matter what. They told me never try to carry this burden by myself. Call them for prayer. I will.

Also one of the guys sang a song to me. Here is the words. They are beautiful to me.

MOST RICHLY BLESSED BY; Archie Cambell

Sometimes I wonder when things go so wrong.
Has God forsaken me, Left me alone
And then I remember, through trials of destress
He's always with me, and I'm most richly blessed


I ask for strength, that I might achive.
I was given weakness, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I ask for health, that I might do great things.
It was given infirmity, that I might do better things.


I ask for riches, that I might he happy
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I ask for power, that I might have the praises of men.
I was made weak, that I might feel my need of God.

I ask for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I ask for, but everything that I hope for.
And almost despite myself, I among men, am most richly blessed.

Bro. George added this verse:

Now I don't wonder, when things go so wrong.
If God has forsaken me, and left me alone.
For I remember, through trials of destress.
That the Lord is always with me, and I'm most richly blessed.

Here is a song we sang in church but it has come to mean more to me now than ever before.
When I sing in church I sing to me, I always make it personal.

Chorus

1Greater is He that is in me
Greater is He that is in me
Greater is He that is in me
Than he that is in the world
Verse 1

Satan's like a roaring lionRoaming to and fro
Seeking whom he may devour
The Bible tells me so
Many souls have been his prey

To fall in some weak hour
But God has promised us today
His overcoming pow'r
Verse 2

On the day of Pentecost
A rushing mighty wind
Blew into the upper room
And baptized all of them
With a power greaterThan any earthly foe
And I'm so glad I've got it too
I'll let the whole world know

GOD BLESS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Your life has been spent for your family and now they are not there for you. Some day things will change, Some will set back and wonder why adn have regrets. I never want regrets with my family. Only peace and joy adn Love.