Tuesday, January 26, 2010

FIRE

Last wednesday we had gone to the church to put up a monitor for the song show plus. When we returned we seen our house was full of smoke. I was frantic and we searched every where, in the attic, outside, under the house, under everything and finally found it . It was beside my sewing maching. I kept telling Coy I was sure it was in the front room somewhere. There was more smoke in there than in the other room. It just kept smoking. An electrical cord had complete melted, melted electric plugs of my sewing machines and also melted the carpet.
There was all those little squiggly black things all over my quilt blocks, quilts and some I had laid out to put together. My sewing machines has black all over them, I have to leave it like that until they come out to see. I told them I had cleaned some of the quilts and blocks so the black would not just sit on it. I had most of my quilting in plastic totes, thank goodness or it would have been a bigger mess. It was aweful.
And besides that I went in and filled my lungs full of smoke after having pneumonia, so that did not help any. who would have thought to put a mask on, not me. By that night I was congested again.

No comments: